Note: These recipes use NZ measurements. 1 c = 1 cup = 250 ml. 1 T = 1 tablespoon = 15 ml. 1 D = 2 teaspoons. 1 t = 1 teaspoon = 5ml. If you're in America, you may find you need a little extra baking powder in recipes that use it.
140g caster sugar
1 1/2 t baking powder
120 ml milk
1/2 t vanilla
Beat first five ingredients until sandy. Whisk together milk, egg and vanilla, then gradually mix in.
Bake at 325C for 20-25 min.
- Chocolate: replace 20g of flour with cocoa.
- Coconut: replace all milk with coconut milk
- Espresso: replace equal volume with shot
- Rose: 1T rose water
- Apple tea: 2T boiling water + apple iced tea powder
- Earl grey tea bags
Soak in milk overnight:
- Ginger: 200g stem ginger in syrup
- Green tea: 3 tea bags
- Lavender: 3T dried lavender
Place in base (400g):
Cut out segment of cook cupcake and fill with 200g:
- melted marshmallows
- kirsch cherries
- dulche de leche
Source: Hummingbird bakery (NZ version)