Apple & Carrot coleslaw - quick & easy
- About 2-3 cups finely sliced mild flavoured cabbage
- (Sweet heart variety is good) cut into 3 inch shreds.
- 1 medium carrot peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 red eating apple washed and grated
- 2 tablespoons mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower etc)
- 1 tablespoon store bought mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon whole grain mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare fruit and veg and toss together with seeds in a salad bowl.
- Mix yogurt, mayo and mustard together and stir through slaw.
- Season to taste and garnish with more seeds.
- Vary ingredients to suit yourself.
- Serves 4
Comments: Leftovers keep well for 24 hours if covered with cling wrap and stored in fridge.
Source: ALW creation