Brownies (cream cheese)
- Brownie Layer:
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 ounces (115 grams) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (65 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cream Cheese Layer:
- 8 ounces (227 grams) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
Melt butter and chocolate in double-boiler. Whisk in other ingredients one at a time. Beat cream cheese until smooth, then beat in remaining ingredients.
Pour brownie batter in to lined tin, reserving 1/2 cup. Pour on cream cheese layer. Add remaining batter in 16 dollops, then use skewer to make marbled effect.
Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes. Cool on wire rack and then chill until firm.