Foolproof New York cheese cake
- 1 T butter, melted
- 95g graham crackers, crushed
- 65g dark brown sugar
- 70g flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 6 T butter, melted
- Set over to 325 F, and brush base of 9" spring-form tin with butter.
- Process crackers & sugar in food processor until finely crushed.
- Add flour and salt, and pulse twice.
- Add melted butter and pulse until well mixed.
- Press into base of spring-form tin. Firmly pack with ramekin.
- Back for 13 minutes until fragant & beginning to brown around edges.
- Transfer to rimmed baking sheet.
- 2 1/2 lb cream cheese
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/3 c sour cream
- 2 t lemon juice
- 2 t vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 eggs
- Set oven to 200 F
- Beat cream cheese, half sugar, and salt until combined.
- Beat in remaining sugar, until well mixed.
- Add sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add egg yolks, mix well.
- Add eggs two at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour filling through fine mesh strainer.
- Pour into prepared tin.
- Set aside for 10 minutes, then pop any bubbles.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then pop any bubbles.
- Bake 2 1/4-3/4 hours, until center is 165 F.
- Remove from oven, and set oven to 500 F.
- When oven at temp, bake on upper rack, 4-12 minutes until browned.
- Let cool until barely warm (2-3 hours).
- Wrap tightly in gladwrap and refridgerate for at least 6 hours.